Thursday, May 1, 2008

Lord Stanley's Cup

Flyers are up in the series 3-1 and well I could be happier except for the fact that I have to try to watch the games online or get frequent status and play updates from my friends and family who have been watching or at the games. Now is truly when I wish I could capitalize on the fact that my father has season tickets. But honestly living in DC right now is putting a hamper on me being an overly enthusiastic Flyers fan, not the kind you want to punch in the face.

Marty Biron is playing exceptional and he is not the only one, but I have a love for the goalies. Marty is getting dangerously close to topping my love for former Flyers Goalie Ron Hextall. Though I dont think he will be able to do that but I can love the skill of both of these goalies equally.

I am not going to lie and say that the team has suffered since the loss of gange, but it had. I am impressed how they have bounced back without him and have had a successful in these playoffs. Though this is not to say that they havent given me my fair share of heart attacks when it comes to close calls or almost blowing the series against the Caps. If we beat Montreal I believe we would go on to face pittsburgh. This is going to be a tall order to shut down some key players on that team, but the team seems to be adapting well to its opponents. I mean lets be honest Montreal is ten times faster than the flyers. That is one of the reasons the Flyers have struggled since the rules change after the strike, it made the game much more wide open and swayed to teams with speed. I am dwelling!

Regardless I am impressed, and the Flyers seem to have gotten into the head of Price and Montreal who cant win regardless of out shotting the flyers this whole series. However, the Flyers need to stop blowing two goal leads in the games and need to close out the series this next game, after seeing how hard a team can fight back when down two games. Playing straight through seven games I think will leave the flyers a bit haggered to go up against a team that has been easily beating its opponents.

I have not been following the West Coast teams too closely I need to catch up on that because that is beginning to play a factor into whose hands Lord Stanley's cup will fall. I would really love to see that happen in Philadelphia but the Flyers need to continue to improve their already aggressive and successful playing style.

I am not commenting on Phillies today...I save that ranting and cheering for another day. And as for the 76ers well I cant say that I actively watch them. I am happy they made it into the playoffs!

Till the next time!

No comments: