Wednesday, May 7, 2008

R.J. Umberger Sex with a Stick

Okay so I must address something first! Just because I am a girl does not mean I cannot blog about sports ya dipsticks!!! One of my friends was like but your a girl you cant talk about sports. I was like wow really, really! So I told him to kiss my ass and that I could bore people into submission with my endless talk about the Flyers run for the cup. I think I must be on a power trip. Now the title of my blog does make me look like one of those girls that watches sports for the attractive guys. However, it is pure coincidance that some of my favorite players happen to be good looking. I mean Gange is one of my favorites and he happens to be attractive, and BrindAmour will always be one of my favorite flyers sadly I still mourn his loss.

Ah my blogging ADD has kicked in! Well in regards to my Post Title, I simply mean that with the way that RJ has played these last couple of games, I mean hot damn. Now RJ isnt the only stand out player on the team there are many others such as Marty Biron, upshall, timonen etc. The team has played remarkably well and after being out shot by Montreal and to come through with a 4-1 series win I was thrilled. I mean Montreal was going to be hard to beat, and the games were definatly nothing to bat an eye at, the flyers had to play aggressive to really champion those games.

Pittsburgh is going to be an interesting series. Here the flyers really need to assert domiance early in this series to really through pittsubrgh off their game. Also Flyers need to stop blowing two goal leads. It seems that even when they are up by two goals the game is as close as it would be if it were tied. I mean I enjoy the thrill of the game, but giving me unnecessary grey hairs is not what i asked for!!! Flyers need to effectively shut down Crosby in Malkin. Malkin is an intense player I wouldnt put anything past him this series especially since I have seen him comment on how the flyers unnecessary start fights and are too forcefully. Malkin it is hockey if you dont want to get hit go play golf son. Though for someone who doesnt like the aggressive style of the flyers, Malkin seems to like to kick opposing teams players skate from under them. Pot and kettle meet one another!

Okay, I dont want to sit and bash pittsburgh because they are a great team with excellent players. And as much as I criticized Malkin he is a talented player and I wont say he isnt. Espn has the series going 6 games in favor of pittsburgh and I would love for the Flyers to prove the sports writers at espn wrong again! However, the flyers are going to have to clean up certain aspects of their playing style to make it past the penguins!

I am excited for the first game of the series on friday! I will be planting myself at any sports bar in DC that has the game on, if you know who will have it on please leave me a comment and you just might see me there in my flyers jersey, though still angry Cap's fans might beat me up.

Till next time!

No comments: