Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Quiltting Who knew?

No I myself have not taken up knitting. I mean I knew that quilting was large in some circles but who knew I didn't! I mean I have grown up around my grandmother crocheting but that is something very different and has a much different following.

My co-worker Lynda is a very accomplished quilter! Something that I did not know about her I mean she has won awards, teaches and even has been on HGtv for her quilting! She has done 3d quilting shapes I mean it really is something to be seen. I am going to include two links that she has sent me about what she has done and I hope everyone checks it out!!

http://www.hgtv.com/crafting/funky-3-d-houses/index.html

http://www.hgtv.com/crafting/fortune-cookie-challenge/page-3.html


What she does kinda makes me want to quilt though I would probably sew my finger to the quilt. It has been awhile since I have operated a sewing machine. My mother taught me when I was around 15/16 to use a sewing machine. I used to make my own drawstring pajama pants. And let me just tell you they were awesome. My favorite pair had to be the fleecey ones with penguins. I mean honestly you just don't get much cooler than that, I remember I used to wear them on chillier days lifeguarding in the summer. Ah how I miss those pants.

I hope everyone had a good fat tuesday! And Happy Hump Day!
Meg

No comments: