Friday, August 27, 2010

Friday Ramblings

Sorry everyone that I did not write yesterday when I said I was going to. I got caught up at work till later than I expected and then went for a much later run. Not getting back in the door until 8:50 will tucker me out. So let me explain a little bit about the topic I am going to ramble on about today. As you can tell I am a female. I am cute, but by no means super model or celebrity hot. I do get my fair share advances, not that I appreciate most of them. Some are nice but most are just creepy and gross. Well gentlemen, I often wonder what goes through your head when you try to use a pick up line or something else that you think is going to make us ladies swoon. 9 times out of 10 we are going to think you are an idiot. Just be yourself and start a conversation, this we are more likely to respond to!

Okay now that I have made that point let me make this one. As I have said I do not like to work out, I do it because I eat things like 5 guys for lunch and I would like to be able to eat a nice dinner and not gain ten pounds from the day. Well when I am out running I do not delude myself into the thought that I look sexy. All my wiggly bits are jiggling all over the place when I run and I get red in the face and sweaty. I am not one of those girls that glows, sorry men but I am not that fortunate I sweat and its gross yes. So I often find it strange and awkward when I get catcalls and things yelled at me when I run. Someone please explain it to me because all it does is scare the crap out me, which has resulted in me running with pepper spray a good portion of the time. I mean last night I was out and a two Hispanic men are walking home and the one attempts to get super close to me and is saying some really foul things in Spanish. I mean come on! Probably not to his knowledge, I did know what he was saying and no it is not safe for me to post here what he said and yes I can responded back saying some pretty choice words myself. What I do not get is where in his right mind he thought that was appropriate?! I mean he probably wasn’t thinking cause as the statement goes when the lower head is working the top one shuts off. Sorry guys but I am on good authority to say this since many of my very good male friends have confirmed this for me!

So have you gotten where I am going with this yet. What I am trying to say is if you don’t have anything nice to say don’t say anything. For the sanity and the patience of all the women out there if you are going to say something gross keep to yourself. And please please don’t try to speak your mind when all my bits and nibbles are wiggling all over the place, my fat and me will thank you for keeping it in! Please guys just be yourself and do what comes natural to you. If acting like an ass comes natural to you, I am sorry, but I am sure you will find someone who will take you up on your offer. Or you will just get your ass kicked, I tend to bet on this one because most girls go out on the town with at least one or two guys that could beat some ass if they need to. I know I have about 5 or 6 guys that could do that and boy do I love them. Do you hear that male friends of mine, you are the best!!! I know this post is a little random today but I just found myself so disturbed after last nights encounter that I felt y’all needed a little chuckle at my expense. I mean what is funnier than picturing all 5’6 of me running along sweating and then having some little Mexican approach me saying all sorts of dirty things. I mean if you know me personally I am sure you can imagine what my face looked like and even better what my response was!

Well I hope everyone has a great weekend! I am looking forward to hopefully seeing all of my friends this weekend since I am in town!

:)

Till next time!

Meg

No comments: