Friday, August 6, 2010

TGIF

Happy Friday everyone!! Friday’s always give me a little extra spring in my step. Though today I am tired and my spring is more like a slow crawl. However it is the weekend and I love just being able to lounge! Deep down I am like a sloth, I love to crawl from bed to my couch and just relax. Now granted its summer time which means I generally trade the couch for the pool but my summer has been unusually packed on the weekends resulting in some non pool action for me and being uncharacteristically not tan for this late in the game. Though I just have one full week before the shore and I couldn’t be more excited.

The sun the sand and some good quality time with the family. We know how to have a good time in my family. And any time spent with my nephew where I can act his age at the beach with him by jumping in the water or playing beach games makes me one very happy girl. Now thank goodness my nephew also knows when I need a break to just sit in my chair and veg with a book for a little bit. I am hoping he might get out on the road and run with me for a little bit since he has gotten into track. Why do I love running at the beach? Because it gives me a false sense of accomplishment since the island is flat, which means I can put in 5 miles and have it feel like 2 mmm mmm good. In general I just love the beach, some of my happiest memories are on that island. Walking to go get ice cream, the crazy pancake lady, riding my bike to the Acme, and boogie boarding. Now most of these things we still do, my nephew pretty much wants ice cream every night, so we walk down a lot for some milky goodness. Though I do not really boogie board anymore as no one in my family will boogie with me, tragic yes I know! I have recently ended my tragic losing streak when it comes to mini golf and have won two years in a row!! I have a sinking feeling that someone in the family is going to be gunning for me this year though, so I better watch my back. My sister and I always get out for evening and go window shopping and get elephant ears something we used to do with my mom but neither one of us have had the heart to not do it.

There is just something magical about this place I get so happy when we cross over the bridge and come onto the island, all of my worries melt away and I am just a worry free me. I always tell people you never really know the full me until you see me with my family or down at the beach with them. I don’t want to say I change because I do not think I do but it’s just another side to me. Mostly because I am on vacation and I can stay up late and sleep in. I can go out on the beach at midnight and just lay and look up at the stars or be a nerd with a bucket if it is low tide and search for shells. I have moved just into shell territory since my nephew has told me I am too old to dig for sand crabs. Those little suckers are so funny and they tickle your fingers!! It is the one week where I do not really have to cook, we mostly take things to use on the grill and I put my dad to work. My sister and I do resurrect the washing and drying duty, which generally results in some bickering haha. I think I just like to rile her up, I am the youngest so you know it’s my job!Ah the memories, I guess that is the best part the memories.

But in a week I will be at the shore and ladies and gentlemen it will be glorious. Cross your fingers and hope for some good weather!!!

Cheers!

Meg

No comments: