Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Open Book

I am pretty much an open book. As you have seen with this blog I do not hold much back. Which is probably to the humiliation of my family. And by family I mean my sister since she has let me know that she occasionally reads the blog. Which means I might have to hold back a little bit of dirt on her. I know no fair right! But she is 7 years older then me, which I never let her forget and she still hits hard. Well I know I am a grown woman but I bruise easily, so if she and I got into a fight people might start to worry because I would be a walking bruise! I mean I woke up this morning with a bruise on my leg probably a little bit bigger than a half dollar and I had no idea how I did it. I am a klutz and I probably bumped into something but then again I am blonde so I could have had one of my moments!

But alas on to why I am on the topic of me being an open book. One of my friends asked me tell me something I don't know about you. Well this is hard and perplexing statement for me. A statement like this will often result in my starring at the wall for a bit and blinking blankly. Well I am an open book and most of my friends know 99.5% of everything about me. They know the good the bad and the ugly. Why do I share you might ask well it is a comfort that my friends know all about me and still want to be my friend. I mean of course there are things that are only shared with what I affectionately call my inner circle and somethings you just need to keep for yourself. Of course when it comes to potential suitors as my mother would say you need to let them see what they are going to get that way you don't scare them. Then again my mother would always take my ex's side when a break up would happen. The response would often be well what did you do to screw it up. And well I often do have foot in mouth syndrome so, that could totally have been the case but whats done is done, and I don't sweat the small stuff!

But how does one answer the question tell me something I don't know about you!?!? I pretty much lay all my cards on the table with my friends so to be approached by that question scares me. My poor friend probably thought I was having a stroke because I just sat there blinking at her until she laughed. Thank goodness laughter that I can work with! Then it dawned on me, pageants! I told her well I have a secret love for watching pageants on TV, and by that I mean Miss America, Miss USA and Miss Universe. Yep go on and judge me right now, it's okay I will take a minute to feel your self respect for me dwindle a little. I don't watch pageants because I am a fan of pageants, I watch them to give myself motivation for the gym and for the wonderfully terrible pageant dresses. I was on the phone with someone during Miss Universe last night and I am pretty sure that this individual is now hooked on pageant's. Either that or my color commentary got her hooked cause lets be honest folks I am funny. Well not all the time but occasionally I am funny. What I loved about my friend was that she was shocked that I enjoyed watching this and said she never would have guessed. Her statement to me was you never cease to amaze and surprise me.

I guess that is good that I continue to keep people on their toes. Isn't that fun to be someone who can constantly pull a rabbit out of their hat! Well I am not that cocky, deep down I am boring and really not that interesting. Give me a night in some good company, food and movie or TV and I am one happy girl. I crave the simple things in life, and some stability. I am not meaning to say that I am unstable, just that it is nice to have that moment when I am not juggling too many balls in the air and i can just let them all drop and hang(yep i realize that sounds sexual). But as i say to many people in my life go ahead and ask me I don't have anything to hide. Don't hide who you are from the people you care about because they care about you and no matter what you might say they will love you for the person who you are and the person you can be! That is the faith that I have in the people that I surround myself with!

And readers I hope you have that faith in me!

Till Next Time!
Meg

No comments: