Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Reality TV

Hi my name is Meg and I am addicted to reality TV. Yep the first step is admitting you have a problem and ladies and gentlemen I have one. I love reality TV I think it is hysterical, it makes me chuckle till I can't chuckle anymore. I think this addiction stems from my love for people watching. I mean sit me in a comfy chair in a window of a Starbucks and I can pass the time by watching the parade of people. When the weather gets nice you can find me down at the waterfront on the weekends in the evenings watching what I call affectionately the parade of idiots. I mean give me a good friend to commentate with and a bag of popcorn and I am set! However the bag of popcorn might be frowned at with the outdoor bar I frequent so I generally swap that idea for some type of Vodaky goodness. Don't judge me folks because you know you want to sit there with me and see exactly what I mean!

However, I cannot spend all night people watching without possibly developing a very large alcohol problem so I get my fix with reality tv. I mean what else can you watch and say wow my life is so normal compared to the crazy that they just put up on the tv!! I mean a classic example of crazy besides the obvious Kardashian clan is the Real Housewives franchise. I mean watching that show is like watching a train wreck that you just can't turn your eyes away from. And man oh man I can't! That show disturbs me to my core, I mean I said yesterday I wouldn't mind being a housewife but boy oh boy that show is one big what not to act like when you are a housewife. Dear future husband you can thank this show for keeping normal and sane!

Rachel Zoe's show is coming back on bravo and I will be all over that show like a fat kid on cake! I mean the show is insane, and I love it. Rachel is larger then life in a 12 year old girl's body. That's how skinny she is which could be perfectly natural but all show I can't resist the urge to feed her carbs and sugar! And the phrases she uses oh my goodness golden! Since that show started I have never really looked at banana's the same way with her constant use of that word. I also blame her with my slight addiction to overly large sunglasses that make me look like an escaped mental patient!

Now I know some of you may have lost a little bit of respect for me but that's okay just watch these shows for 30 minutes and you will see what I mean. Your mouth will fall open while watching and you will be mesmerized. I also tend to shout back at the TV or exclaim I just don't understand. So for my friends watching with me I am not sure which is more entertaining me or the actual show. I also have a dirty little habit of commenting during movies. This is something that I am working on so that my sister stops beating me in the movie theaters so I shut up.

I hope my weakness gave you all a chuckle and that some of you will join me in the mayhem!

Till next Time!
Meg

No comments: