Monday, August 23, 2010

Vacation

So it is Monday and I am back to work. I could have gone for another week of vacation but who really wants to come back to work after a week of relaxation and not worrying about anything! I love the beach perhaps a little too much. We had only one rainy day the whole week which was super lucky considering what the forecast looked like when we got down there. I of course am a beach bum, I get up and run, get the paper for my dad and then hang for an hour then I am down at the beach. I find the spot and plop my butt down and soak in the sun and laze back off to sleep. My father is not a huge beach person. I mean he loves going but he gets on around 12:30/1 and then is off around 4 or so. This is totally fine and never bothers me and hence why with friends when they do not want to be on the beach for hours on end I am not offended because I am used to it. We had the same family on the first floor again, which is great because they are super nice and the kids are sooo freaking adorable!! I am jealous though because they are down for three weeks! I would love to be at the beach for 3 weeks, the being lazy and getting up when I want not having to rush and cook if I have to cook at all! That sounds like the life right?!?!

I am super proud of myself for not getting sunburned the whole week. Well minus one little line above the top of my bikini bottom but oh well. I think my father is getting used to my belly button ring even though I have had for 8 years. Then again it could be the whole bearing my body and having people ogle at me thing too. But I can’t help that I am a blonde girl with a booty, people are going to look! That and I have that super sexy sun kissed look. I am not cocky much am I?!?! My sister pounded through about 5 books this week, I finished only 2 and one I had practically done before I even got to the beach. I spent most of my time falling asleep or playing with Alex. He whopped my butt in paddle ball all week but he also cheats terribly! Which is probably my fault and a genetic condition since I am a serial cheater when it comes to games! You gotta watch out for me because I’ll get ya! The only sad thing for me was I think Alex has finally gotten too big to bury in the sand because he did not want to do that this year. This was after my sister and I came up with the brilliant idea to bury him as a shark about to eat his head! How awesome would that have been!! But oh well I guess I will just have to wait until I have kids to bury them as obnoxious animals in the sand!

We were a pretty lazy family all week, which is what I needed. I seriously needed to recharge my batteries, and I think I am going to need that in December as well after all these meetings! The only day that was spent moving around was Wednesday with the arrival of my aunt of the day and my father having to work from the beach house the rest of us were out and about exploring the island. We stumbled upon a viking village which has these little shops and a fish market. Now I enjoy seafood but that smell killed me. I thought I was going to throw up on my toes, and I do not have an easy gag reflex. Guys you can stop giggling now ya sickos! I have a very sensitive nose and that fishy smell got to me almost as bad as any candle or beauty store in the mall. I shudder to even think about yankee candle in the mall or worse Abercrombie which you can smell even half way across the mall! But I digress, as most people know I do not love to shop, so a whole day of it is going to wear me out! Phew Though the find of the week is a little sign that says: If you think I am a Bitch you should meet my sister! My sister and I both got one since it is hysterical and absolutely true. I just like to think that people think I am bitch because I speak my mind and I am super direct. I am the type of person where if you think I am mad at you chances are you are correct. Okay back on topic!

We did go out on Friday night for our annual family mini golf expedition. Alex had no problem that he was gunning for me and planned on taking me down. Well in my mind my two year championship still reigns supreme because no one grabbed the score keeping card and the winner was the person who had the most holes in one on the course. This is very hard to accomplish since they just redid the course. However my sister and alex managed to both get one so they were the “winners” pish. And no I am not a sore loser, nor do I think I would have won when it came down to strokes since I got a deformed club. Yep that’s right I am blaming my poor performance on my midget club! We followed it up with some ice cream and going home to sit like lumps on a log before I started to tear through the house packing things up. Why must you ask did I do that on Friday night, well it is because I do not like to get up early! I am not a morning person nor will I ever be I am a nightowl, so I would rather pack up what I can at night sleep to the last possible minute and then check out. The week flew by and I was not ready for it to end, I mean becoming a housewife and relocating the kids to the beach every summer sounds like a plan to me! Well till next year's beachy goodness!

Well it is back to the real world and the real world grind for me! I hope everyone had a fantastic week!

Till next Time!

Meg

No comments: